Miqdad Annab in Washington DC Sept 56

17 October, 2010

A Really Good Guy

Today marks 1 month since our lives were permanently altered with the sudden passing of my father. It's amazing how many new things we've had to deal with in this month, how many new responsibilities we have, never realizing what a huge load my father carried. It wasn't only the moral support that we got from having my dad around, but also how easy he made our lives. He took care of just about every detail and we didn't have to worry about a thing. His solution was always a phone call away. He went above and beyond what's considered normal. He not only looked after his family, but also did what he could for those in need

A few days after he passed away, I found a note with the name of a man whose problem was outlined on this small piece of paper. It read: "Taxi driver, so and so, used to operate his taxi out of  a prominent hotel in Amman. The bell captains are now giving the Al Mumayaz Taxi preference over him, causing him financial hardship. Sunday 10:30AM." It seems that the driver had gone to my father asking if he could intervene and perhaps rectify the situation. I'm sure my father did what he could to help this guy out. That's just the type of man he was. No one deserved to suffer if there was something he could do about it.

I know what a gem of a human being my father was; I was fully aware of that even when he was alive. I hear stories everyday of his kindness and generosity and how he touched people from all walks of life. It makes me so proud to hear this, because these stories confirm what I knew all along--he was a really good guy!

I love you Dad.