Miqdad Annab in Washington DC Sept 56

11 October, 2010

Just Eat It!

One thing about my dad is that he loved to eat good food. It's a known fact that whenever you came to our house, if Dad was upstairs and in the kitchen, he would insist that you eat something--be it olives that he pressed himself, olive oil from the farm, some good white Nablus cheese, his zaatar with the whole wheat taboun bread...anything old school and from Nablus was a staple in our house. That being said, he loved his fried chicken (he even asked to have some Popeye's for lunch the day he passed!). He especially loved dark chocolate.

My dad also loved eggs, preferably cooked! Semi-soft boiled eggs (my favorite) smothered in salt and a bit of pepper, or scrambled eggs the way I used to make them--scrambled in the frying pan--not in the bowl, made with olive oil or samneh balady. Delicious!! We would stand around the kitchen counter and devour a plate of 6 eggs in 5 minutes flat!

So, a long time ago, probably when I was 15 or so, I made some yummy scrambled eggs, and it was probably the first time I'd ever made eggs in my life. They were so good, that I kept asking him, "Zaki il bayd, sah, baba?!" (The eggs are delicious, right Dad?!). I think I must have asked him like 10 times, until finally I got it that he wanted me to shut up already about the eggs!

1 comment:

  1. Some of this supposedly Nabulsy bread turned out to be from Fuhais :-)

    ReplyDelete