Miqdad Annab in Washington DC Sept 56

26 October, 2010

Strange Dream

I finally had a dream about my dad. It was strange, as most dreams are...

We were siting in a circular room that was all white. The sofa was white and mimicked the shape of the room. Dad didn't know where he was and why he wasn't with us anymore. He seemed alright for the most part and he looked good. What bothered him the most was that he had no explanation for what happened to him; he just couldn't figure it out, and wanted nothing more than to be back with us.

As we sat there, I showed him pictures of my uncles who had passed away before him, Amo Mazhar and Amo Radi. He recognized them, saying, "Oh, yes, he's there with me, and so is he." But he appeared indifferent because it wasn't where he wanted to be. Being with people he knew was no consolation for him. What he wanted more than anything was to be back in the land of the living. I told him it was impossible to resurrect him since it's been 40 days since he passed, and we had missed our window of opportunity. I was extremely apologetic and I told him that we wanted nothing more than to have him back with us.

I woke up with tears in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment