Miqdad Annab in Washington DC Sept 56

02 October, 2010

Bitter Sweet Birthday

It's my birthday today...42 years ago I entered this world. I feel old and young at the same time. Am I middle age?! It's ironic that there would be just two weeks between the passing of my dad, and the celebration of a life..I suppose that there is never a good time to die.

At any rate, I decided today that I was going to live my life the way my father would want me to...to get up out of this rut and move forward. We cannot deny our sadness, but to help get over it, we have to face life head on--NO FEAR! Come what may!

Here is my birthday wish for myself: For however long I have on this earth, I want to live my life well. I want people to reflect on my life much the same way people are with my father's passing.

It feels like it's going to be a good first day of my 42nd year!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ran-doooooooooooooooooooodeh. Death is where we are all equal. The only difference is that great people never die...we are reminded by them by always wanting to emulate them...by setting the benchmark for us they made sure that they are always around. All I can say is that we are so lucky to have Ammo in our lives and in that you are doubly fortunate to call him dad. His love is around and his spirit will continue to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birthday gift to yourself my loveliest Dudeh.. You certainly were 3ammo's soft spot and he would have never wished or wanted to leave you with a better gift than his legacy to live by, and to shine and guide your way!

    God bless his beautiful soul and yours; you are and will always be blessed to be daddy's little girl for as long as you live.. and for as long as he did!

    With much love..

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a truly dignified way to mourn someone you love. You are an incredible trooper and I love you for that! Ammo would be so proud of you. Although we did not really celebrate, I am glad that we had the chance to be with you on your birthday! I hope all your days are special and full of wonderful moments. You are an amazing human being and you only deserve the best!

    With love always...

    Lama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iam moved reading what u post,be sure my dear Randa u are always in my heart,I may not very good in expressing my feeling in writing,as Lina said Great people never die,Ammo is always around and with us,yesterday mama and I were thinking how old was he when my parents returned from Italy in1945.. he was 13 years old I was a year and a half,i am sure i had since that time his affection and love.I used to call him some time on fridays,on that sad friday, all the morning was in my thought to call him, but i dont know why I was reluctunt..i wish badly I did...so my dear randodeh, i wish all ur coming days will be as good as Ammo wanted to be for you,and as u wanted to ur self.love u always.

    ReplyDelete