Miqdad Annab in Washington DC Sept 56

16 August, 2011

It's hard to look at pictures of Dad these days. I still have trouble comprehending that he's gone... it just feels totally wrong-like something is off balance-it just doesn't sit right. It's coming up to a year now since he died, and there isn't an hour that passes where he doesn't pop into my head at least 10 times. Sometimes I can feel his presence and I'm certain he's around, but this phenomenon is less frequent since he came to me in a dream a while back and told me that he came to say goodbye, and that he was moving to the farm. I miss seeing him in my dreams now...Too bad we can't dream 'on demand'!

Life feels disconnected somehow. Not that Dad kept it together, but something essential is missing. Not just for me, but for most everyone that knew him. I sometimes feel lost like I'm drifting on the open sea, going nowhere in particular. There are still many conversations I wanted to have with him and I feel like a crazy person when I speak to him out loud, instead of using my 'inside voice'... I'm pretty sure he can't hear regardless of which voice I use. I guess being a crazy person at this stage is my only remedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment